Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Major Pain

So tonight I went to ballet class and within the first exercise I got the absolute worst charley horse EVER.  If you know my calves they are intensely muscular & this bitch of a charley horse was in the top portion of the muscle where the heart shape is... Ouch! The entire class during barre I was stretching my right calf in between exercises and never going on releve because it just hurt soo much.  My calf was only starting to warm up an hour into class and it still was aching.  I used the barre as a "foam" roller and it was that good hurt but that didn't even work.  I have a feeling I'm going to wake up crying in the middle of the night with a serious cramp in my calf.
I think I need some potassium, but in Alyssa fashion I don't have any bananas. 

My dear Mother looked up all the other foods that contain high levels of potassium, listed below.

Excellent sources of potassium include chard, crimini mushrooms, and spinach. 

Very good sources of potassium include fennel, kale, mustard greens, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, winter squash, blackstrap molasses, eggplant, cantaloupe, and tomatoes.

Good sources of potassium include parsley, cucumber, bell pepper, turmeric, apricots, ginger root, strawberries, avocado, banana, tuna, halibut, cauliflower and cabbage.

... and I didn't have any of those in my fridge either since the last time I stocked up was for Irene.  So my best next option was Ginger Ale.  Tomorrow morning I'll stop by the grocery store and pick up a banana and maybe some chard & spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment