Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irene Update

As of 8:30am on Sunday the eye of Irene is 100 miles from Midtown Manhattan.

She hasn't done much to the UES, yet.  Here is a pic outside my window from when I woke up at 8:03am. 






























I slept on my pull-out couch last night since my bed is next to the windows, maybe that wasn't necessary but all the news kept saying was the worst was coming from 4am - 6am.  Oh well, guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Now, I'm just waiting for the "eye" to hit.  I've been very lucky that Manhattan hasn't experienced any power outages as of yet...  I guess when the eye comes around 10am we'll know for sure how mean Irene really is.  Hoboken is about to lose power, nasty!  (Now Mom do you see why I don't want to live in Hoboken?  Because they can't handle any natural disasters!)

Until then, now back to my list of things to do while I wait this thing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment