Tuesday, April 27, 2010

To Do Lists

"You have a lot on your plate and you are eager to accomplish as much as possible today. But you may get tired of chasing after one too many goals. Instead of spreading yourself thin, set your priorities and focus your attention on the most important tasks first, letting the others go. Don't panic, even if you run into unexpected problems. The calmer you can remain now, the more effective you will be throughout the day."

This was my horoscope on Sunday, April 25th and I don’t think this is just applies to one Sunday but my entire life. I’m a planner who has ‘to do’ lists for everything from laundry, planning weekly menus to even calling my friends. It borders on obsessive but it’s the only way I know how to function. I think this horoscope might have to become my new mantra because I’m very capable to running myself into circles regarding my ‘to do’ lists, just as my Mother. I then end up too frustrated and exhausted to even accomplish the smaller of the tasks. So, this time I mean it—I’m going to remember that Rome wasn’t built in one day, my life won’t end if I don’t accomplish everything on my list and I need to take time to really put effort in the major projects and learn to let others slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment