Sunday, June 5, 2011

Closet Assault

On Wednesday I had my own version of What Not to Wear....
My dear friend/personal stylist Tanya came over and assaulted my closets. And it was FAB-U-LOUS and so much fun!!

She pulled everything out of both my closets (its not like they're walk-in or anything, just two small coat closets) and made my try on almost every piece of clothing I own.  Tanya reviewed it all advising on what fit me 'right' and what didn't and then creating outfits out of clothing I would never think went together, who knew you could belt so much?

By the time we were done my apartment was a mess, clothes and shoes strewn everywhere.  When I put everything away my closets looked so bare but it was all for the greater good of my wardrobe and style.  The only sad part of the night was parting with my favorite mumu, but I was told even if I belt it I'm no longer allowed to wear it EVER again.  I now have two large Nordstrom bags filled with clothes for Goodwill donations.

These were some of the items that made the 'yes' list...



Look a belt as a bracelet - she's so clever


All the major models use this pose



I know I may look like a model, but my posing technique may need some help, lol.


It was exactly what I needed.  I know what looks good on me because I always wear the same thing; the same style dress in a few different colors and you'll hardly ever see me in pants.  The purpose of Tanya's assault on my closet and then subsequent shopping sprees is to learn how to wear different styles; create a versatile wardrobe, learn how to accessorize, wear pants, and some pizzaz to my closet.  So now the next steps: shopping to fill the gaps in my wardrobe.

Thanks Tanya!  Check out her awesome blog eyeheart 

1 comment:

  1. I need to borrow Tanya for a couple of days!! I like the first shirt and last dress a lot. I have not mastered the art of belting!!

    ReplyDelete