Sunday, May 15, 2011

It was a BIG day, yesterday...

As many of you know I brag about my cousin Ashley being a Catcher for the Syracuse Orange Softball team.  Yesterday Syracuse won their second-BIG EAST Softball Championship title and Ashley played the entire game which just happened to be televised on ESPN2.  It was such a proud/exciting moment for our family and it was so thrilling to see Ashley (aka Biff) doing her thing.  I mean how often do you see anyone in your family on ESPN playing collegiate sports?


I had my DVR set to record so I could keep this 'forever', but there was no way I wasn't going to watch this live.  Every time the camera paused on Ashley I would pause my tv and and snap a picture of Ashley (obsessed much?).  It was just so exciting....


Here are a few pictures I took during the game, but I can't wait to see the pictures that my Aunt & Uncle took who were actually there!!

Check it out - A. Dimon as Catcher

A little on the mound pep talk/convo

Look at her, so precious - in that intimidating kinda way...


It was a really good game until the bottom of the 7th inning, then it got INTENSE...
Syracuse was up 1-0 and Louisville was at bat.  Check out the game highlights at 3:00 when Ashley pegged the runner in the back after she had a minor flub catching. Then you can see it in slow-mo at 3:12 (kinda proud of her, hopefully the other player has a nice bruise between her shoulder blades thanks to my Biff).  And just when I'm about to have a heart attack, Syracuse wins!!  You can see it at 3:23.

2x-BIg East Champs!  Of Course Ash is Front & Center in her Catchers gear
Next up .. NCAA Tournament!  (which will also be televised, watch out kids... its going to be wild!)

As soon as the game ended and my Aunt sent me the picture above and then I was put on assignment to camp out in Times Square so I can wait for a picture of the team to be posted.  Wait what?! I asked Ashley to please contact the "media lady" on possible times the picture could be posted, so I'm not spending my life in my personal hell.  I love Ashley to death, but I value my sanity more, lol.  But I'm really excited to go and take the picture when it is there in Times Square, because come on that is really cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment