Friday, November 19, 2010

What I Learned Yesterday...

I'm not cut out for commuting!

Yesterday, Laura (my Coordinator) and I went on a store visit to Stamford, Conn to meet with the General Manager, Operations Manager and walk the floor meeting associates while getting some feedback on our credit programs.  Store visit was great, train only took 45 minutes to get there in the early afternoon.  Now fast forward to 5:15pm...  The train platform is packed with finance girls and guys all eager to get home.  Its a mad dash onto the train to get a seat, either a middle or one of those horrible squatter seats that face the wrong way.  Well Laura and I got the squatter seats with our knees butting up against the people across from us.  The train was PACKED full of douches in the bar car and slutty finance girls trying to find a rich-finance bf.  Instead of an easy 45 minute ride it was more like the longest 60 some-odd minutes of my life. The seat was uncomfortable, the car was humid and I was falling asleep from the gentle motion.  By the time I actually got home I was so exhausted from the day I nearly collapsed (over exaggeration maybe) on my couch.

Note to self - I'm not a good commuter, stay on island of Manhattan.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly why Jon's Dad drives to Stamford everyday. Glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete