Thursday, May 20, 2010

Birthday Memories

Today is my birthday! I take gifts in all dominations (credit cards, checks, cash, free drinks, food, flowers, etc).

One of the best memories I have from my childhood is waking up to my parents (and sometimes my Brother) singing “Happy Birthday” to me. Even when I got to college they’d get up extra early so they could call and wake me up with the song. Now that I’m on the other side of the country they haven’t been able to wake me up with the song since my 22nd birthday, but I just got a voice mail (saving that one for 40 days) of them singing for me. I even got a little teary-eyed listening to it (and even writing this) because it just gives me warm fuzzies that I’m still their little girl and I know today will be a good day no matter what.

So, here’s to a fabulous 26th Birthday filled with friends, family, laughs and booze.

Happy Birthday to all those May 20 babies.

They also gave me a ginormous hat and butchering lessons (Random but I asked for the lessons, the hat was a surprise)

No comments:

Post a Comment